TO THOSE WHO LOVE PANCAKES!
Vegan pancakes or pancakes are a delicious breakfast ideal for days when we have more time and want something sweet, although you can also have them for dessert if you want. The good thing about making them at home is that they are healthier and we can customize them to our liking.
1 cup of whole wheat flour (120 g)
2 tablespoons of brown, coconut or panela sugar
2 teaspoons yeast
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup non-dairy milk (190 ml), I used soy milk
1 flax egg
1 tablespoon oil, I used melted coconut oil (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, yeast and salt) in a bowl.
2. We add the liquid ingredients (milk, egg, oil and vanilla extract) and stir until obtaining a homogeneous mass. We let the dough rest for 5-10 minutes before using it.
3. We put a drop of oil in a pan and spread with a paper napkin (if you don’t want to use oil you can omit it, as long as your pan doesn’t stick). When hot, add 1/4 cup (65 ml or 4 tablespoons) of the dough and let each pancake cook for about 2 minutes on each side. We have to turn the pancake when the edges are more golden with the help of a spatula.
4. We serve immediately with peanut butter, vegan butter, cocoa nibs, or maple syrup. We can also add fresh fruit such as banana slices and even accompany them with vegetable milk.
5. We store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.